Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Memories

Memories, I think, form cobwebs in your mind. And eventually, you will get tired of dusting those cobwebs. One fine day, you will just give up.
How else would an aching heart heal?

2 comments:

gee said...

!!

Anonymous said...

Dear upsilamba ,why have you stopped writing? As a person who came from another town in Kerala as a young bride and stayed for a short period at North Parur, I can reconnect with your memories of Alwaye. The grandmother with her robin-blue tinged white clothes smelling of camphor and incense, the remarks about not lying down at dusk, the pooja room lit by the gold like bronze lamp with the seven pointed flames making the pictures of Mahalakshmi and Krishna glow....... The garlands painstakingly made by her and my mother of Thetti(chethi) and Jasmine, put on the pictures of the Gods. Though I am from another older generation u could bring back memories of my own grandmother who died 2 decades ago. Keep writing.

 

Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments