There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
- Rumi
Some days are like these. Days, when no matter how well I completed a task, how well the lil one ate and how well I cleaned and scrubbed the home, and later in the evening, when Mr. Upsi comes in and encompasses my life, the little family we are building up --- no matter how settled I feel - there is still a void. Something that makes me ponder if this is all there is to it. That call seems so intense and yet not vivid, that it leaves my mind perturbed, unsettled and, the heart beats unsteady.
Gather up, I say. But the pieces fail to join, and the puzzle remains hazy and scattered.
An urge to do something beyond my regular oiled routine. I understand fully well that I haven't yet mastered the art of my profession. But that is not what calls me.
A need to fight for a cause. Or a need to shelter and offer a humane presence. A bit of selfless compassion. To have stood up and lived a life, and not simply have sat down and wrote about it. But is this the right time? And will there ever be something as, 'a right time'?
So I venture out. To look at those stars, hoping somewhere there my answer lies. Hoping, someday, it reveals. Then, would I have the courage and youthful brim left?
6 comments:
there are also times when it gets so dark, u can't even notice the stars...
anyway, i thought i was d only one who went thru such phases... let me know if u get d answers... are there any definite answers...?
Scale Mountain Everest
umm... quick question... will u now post on the 29th of every month? can it be more frequent, pliss?
Upsi, am going to G'vayoor this weekend. Remembered you cos once on a post of mine, you said you missed G'Vayoor. Will send across a prayer for good things for you and yours. :-)
Upsi, the void you are talking about is absolute necessary. Trust me every one has void, and its must have. If you don't have void, that means you are not trying enough.
Stars are there, but its under the clouds, so see the voids as passing clouds.
My 2 Paise
Loved reading your posts, you write so well. Liked the way you have expressed yourself in this one.
Post a Comment